Tuesday, January 24, 2012

{go shorty! it’s your birthday!}

Hello Friendlies!

So I’m a lucky girl---not to brag or anything. I have so many great people in my life who are not only wonderful to me, but can always be counted on for a great time. My birthday this year was so much fun especially because it was filled with these lovely people and happy little celebrations left and right.    


 
{he always comes up with great surprises}


On my actual birthday, I relaxed all day and did absolutely nothing--well except a little online birthday shopping! Jesse told me to get dolled up for a nice evening, but wouldn’t tell me anything else! We got ready, took a few photos, and headed out. To my surprise, Jesse took me to a Persian restaurant (Mirage Persian Cuisine), for a very filling and delicious dinner. It was so good and I’m pretty sure Jesse had to roll me to the car when we were done.


{weekend shenanigans}
                                         

Flash forward to the weekend---we headed up to Charlotte for some fun celebrations with my parents and a few of our friends. Since my dad and I share the same birthday, Jesse and I took him out to dinner on Saturday night at Pio Pio, this wonderful Peruvian & Columbian restaurant. They had the most amazing sangria and their rotisserie chicken (which is their specialty) was amazing. We also had a unique appetizer of guacamole and tostones (fried and flattened green plantains) which was surprisingly a very yummy combo, especially when drizzled with their special garlic sauce. We most definitely will be returning there.

After dinner we met up with our friends for a fun night out on the town. We started out at our friends’ place for some pre-gaming (our friend Fergus made a special blueberry mojito), then we headed out to Whiskey Warehouse for a few drinks on their rooftop patio. Even though we had lived in Charlotte for the majority of our lives, we had never been there. They have my all-time favorite beer, Abita Purple Haze, and a gorgeous view of the Charlotte skyline. Good pick Fergus!

From Whiskey Warehouse, we headed over to Jackalope Jack’s to meet some other friends for some bad karaoke and of course more drinks! The evening ended with a late night run to Mickey D’s and a tour of Fergus’ office building---which was very cool!


{burst photo fun}


{i wanted to play too}


We had some fun with my iPhone. Burst photo anyone? I think Giselle and JonJon’s segment is pretty cool---just imagine it in fast forward.



{i’ve got my yum face on}


{fergie-ferg}

On Sunday, Jesse had drill for the army, so my wonderful friend Fergus took me out for the most amazing brunch at Bistro La Bon. It was beyond delicious and I highly recommend you make your way over there---just make sure you a)get there super early, or b)make a reservation on open table. The brunch consisted of a diverse buffet spread and three options on the menu from the kitchen (I suggest the French toast). The buffet had freshly baked breads, roasted veggies, Swedish meatballs, cheeses, and pastries galore. Of course brunch was not complete without bottomless mimosas! I ate way more than I could manage…yet I still wanted more!


{scene from Dawson’s Creek?}


After brunch we took a nice walk along the train tracks and luckily did not encounter any.

It was truly the best birthday weekend ever. I felt so special.

Thank you fam and friends!


Love,

The older and wiser Katie E.


Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...