Wednesday, January 4, 2012

{happy birthday to me!}

{woo!}


Today is my birthday and I can't help but to reflect on how lucky I am to have so many blessings and loving people in my life. I have supportive parents who have given me everything and always look out for my best interests, a loving partner who I have grown with and will continue to grow with as our marriage evolves, great family and friends who have been there and will continue to be there for me always. Puppies--enough said.

This year was filled with many great things and some very trying experiences as well. I got married, moved to a new city, gritted my teeth at a job that I loathed until I could make my exit, and began re-evaluating my life goals. I realized that whatever I do next and wherever I go, I need to make sure that it is a good fit for me. Luckily I’m at a place in life where I don't have to settle (and shouldn't), but can take my time and find what drives me. I’ve learned that some friends will come and go; those that stay are true and find the value in you, those that make their exit, probably had no real investment in the friendship to begin with and you don't have to worry about them because they aren't worried about you! I’ve gotten closer to learning how to better forgive and have realized how important apologies are. My favorite quote this year--"Apologizing does not mean that I’m right and you're wrong, it means that I value our relationship more than my ego." Missing out on the opportunity to say “I’m sorry” can damage a relationship. It just sucks when someone thinks they are too good to apologize for hurting you; at the end of the day, you can't control them so you shouldn't let their pridefulness influence you. I’ve learned that assuming is a dangerous game--it leads to misunderstanding. If you think that something is wrong, be upfront and ask for clarification. I’ve learned to listen to my elders. They are right. And if you trust them, you'll see they really do have your best interests at heart.

My glass is one quarter century full...I can't wait to see what else is in store.

Love,

Katieface


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to the most beautiful daughter in the world, My Katie. I gave your father a nice birthday present, you! You two have the same birthday. Happy birthday to my daughter and my husband Carlos. May the Lord bless you two today. I will keep on celebrating for many years with my two precious. Feliz cumpleaños para mi hija bella, mi Katie y mi esposo Carlos. Dios los Bendiga en este día tan especial.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...