Tuesday, May 1, 2012

{fancy appetizers: caprese salad bites}



Hello again! As I mentioned in my earlier post from today, this weekend we had friends over for our first cookout of the season and I put out some delicious summery appetizers for everyone. I made sweet & salty appletizers and little caprese salad bites. I love caprese salad but didn’t feel like making a gigantic salad, so instead I put these little babies together. It took me no time at all, and my guests appreciated the cute presentation. Bonus---I got to use fresh basil from my herb garden!

To make them all you need to do is:

1) Take a big leaf of sweet basil and lay a cherry tomato and mozarella ball on top, preferrebly on the side that curls inward.

2) Spear a toothpick from the top of the leaf, through the tomato, mozarella ball, then out the bottom of the leaf.

3)Place your little caprese salad bite on a plate or in a tiny glass (I used teeny libbey dessert glasses---thank you Derek for the lovely christmas gift)

4) Drizzle some balsamic glaze on top.

Does it get any easier?


{yum}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...