Wednesday, May 9, 2012

{26 before 26: #11 check! and some updates!}

{yay! progress!}

I’m on a roll!...ok not an insane roll...just a California roll...ha!



#11: Complete guestbook project.


I finished it! Finally this handsome little peacock has his feathers and can grace our mantle. Read more about how to make your own here.




Progress Updates:

#1: Run a 5k.

I have picked my 5k friends! Ready for it...The Warrior Dash! It’s not only a 5k but an obstacle course as well. Ack! Am I ready? I sure hope so...it’s in two weeks! I have been training---to eat the delicious turkey legs they will offer...siiike! No, I really have been training pretty hard, running every other day and incorporating strength training into my workout. I am so excited and will let you all know how it goes!






#2: Create 5 new recipes.

I’ve been working diligently on this goal, playing around with different flavors in the kitchen. So far I have created this herb roasted baby potatoes recipe, and this creamy bacon carbonara recipe. This week I have also worked on a few new recipes that I will be sharing sometime in the near future!






#4: Read 26 new books cover to cover.

This goal is one of those that I should have started yesterday. Never fear, I will be on track soon. I have been known to finish whole books in one day after all; especially when they are super interesting, like The Hunger Games (favorite series of all time by the way, thanks Maureen for introducing me to it). I am starting with these two books: Choke by Chuck Palahniuk, and The World of Normal Boys by K.M. Soehnlein.




#7: Achieve goal body image through regular exercise and healthy eating.

I am super pumped about this one as it has been working! Granted it is a slow process as there is no magic plan that can make this happen overnight (no healthy one at least). I have been active practically every day of the week doing some sort of exercise for more than 30 minutes a day. On occasion I will take a recovery day (which is highly recommended) and jump back in the next day. I love how this makes me feel! To be honest, I hated getting back into an exercise regimen as baking new goodies or crafting seemed more fun. Now that I have been at this for the last few months (starting slowly with the Couch25K program) I am always looking for new opportunities to work myself out. Lifting weights during commercial breaks, jogging to and from the mailbox, and engaging my core while doing the dishes; there are tons of moments in the day to take advantage of. I have also created a workout calendar on my phone with reminders so I’m not scrambling to figure out what workout to do for the day and I no excuse to forget. Currently, my regimen looks something like this: run 3 days a week, ab workout on my run days, bootcamp, wii zumba, or pilates on my non-run days, butt workout (or buttercises...haha) every other day, and weight lifting every 2 days or so. The best part of this regimen is that I can do it all at home or in our neighborhood so I don’t have to pay for a gym membership! There is no excuse not to workout, especially when you can do so much in your home. And if you get bored, it’s easy to change it up! Now this regimen is for me and I am in no way recommending it to anyone. You should find what works for you. The point is to get off your butt and move!

As far as healthy eating, my diet has improved so much. I have been reading tons of healthy eating tips to make sure that I’m picking the right foods and I also have been taking daily vitamins to supplement where I lack. A favorite tip I’ve read is to eat dessert for breakfast as you have all day to work it off! Ice cream with my cereal---yes please! Because I have been more active I have also included more protein and tons of water into my diet to help fuel my workouts. Again, this plan is what works for me. You should contact a nutritionist to find the best diet for you. There is no magic plan as everyone’s bodies are different.

Maybe I will post some progress pictures of this...maybe.


#8: Start Etsy shop.

This is a work in progress. It has technically been started but we’re still working out the kinks. More on this later.


#13: Publish 100 blog posts.

I am getting very close! This post makes 62! I’m glad that I have stayed consistent with this little blog. I can’t wait to see how it continues to develop.


#15: Keep plants alive until @ least 26.

My plants are still alive friends! My indoor cactus is hanging on, and our inside fern is still kicking! My herb garden is also doing wonderfully. I have even harvested my little herbs a few times and they continue to thrive! We are almost there!





These are all the updates I have for now! Check back in for more in the future. How is your list coming along?

Peace!

The Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...