Tuesday, March 20, 2012

{recipe: creamy bacon carbonara}

{all the yummiest ingredients}


I’m changing up the format of my recipe posts. I was spending so much time taking pictures along the process that my cooking time was almost doubled every time (Jesse was not happy with our 9 p.m. dinnertimes). It also took a bit of joy out of the process for me and by the time I was done, I would forget to compose a nice shot of my finished product. Editing was also a big hassle as I would have a million pictures to sort through. No more. Now I will spend more time on a few well composed photos of my final product and more time enjoying what I love to do—cook! Now onto what you really came here for---bacon and pasta!

I was really hungry the other day and in the mood for bacon so I hopped onto the World Wide Web for some ideas. That’s when I came across several recipes for bacon carbonara. It certainly peaked my interests and inspired me to experiment a little. Most of the recipes I found called for an oily sauce, but personally I’m a cream sauce kind of girl. I decided to look up a few cream sauce recipes and combined some methods to get the perfect sauce. What I ended up with was…well you tell me ;)


{bacon!}


creamy bacon carbonara:
Servings: 5 - 6
Source: jkrabbits inc. kitchen

Ingredients:

·         3 cups of rigatoni pasta (you can also use cavatappi)
·         8 strips of thick cut bacon (or more if you really love it)
·         1 1/4 cup of heavy cream
·         2 eggs
·         1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
·         3 tablespoons of dry white wine
·         2 tablespoons of butter
·         3 cloves of garlic (minced)
·         2 roma tomatoes (chopped---roma tomatoes are best for this recipe as they are firm and will retain their shape during cooking)
·         salt & pepper to taste

How To:
Step 1: Whisk together the eggs and parmesan; set aside.

Step 2: Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces then fry in a large sauté pan over medium heat until cooked---not super crispy or burnt.  

Step 3: While your bacon is frying, toss pasta into a large pot of salted boiling water and cook until al dente.

Step 4: Once the bacon is finished cooking, add the salt, pepper, garlic, butter, cream, and white wine to the pan and simmer until you get a thick and creamy sauce.

Step 5: Add in roma tomatoes.

Step 6: Once the pasta is cooked, drain it completely then add it to your cream sauce and stir until the pasta is covered.

Step 7: Add the egg and parmesan mixture to the pan and stir it into the pasta and sauce.

Step 8: Serve immediately.


And that’s really all there is to it! I was surprised at how easy it was to make and how delicious it came out. This recipe will definitely be a repeat here in Casa de Ellis. Yum!
So long for now!
Mrs. E.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...