Monday, March 12, 2012

{a-town adventures: mardi gras weekend}

{mardi gras fun}


So I know Mardi Gras has passed but I just wanted to share a fun experience Jesse and I had here in A-town. Mardi Gras weekend we headed on over to Little 5 Points (right after showing up at the wrong event…oops!) and got our Abita beer and Hurricane drink on! The Front Page News restaurant celebrated their 5th annual Mardi Gras festival with good beer, food, and music. We had a great time, met some new friends, and explored a new (well new to us) area in Atlanta. Little 5 Points reminded me a lot of NODA in Charlotte---very artsy with little boutiques and unique restaurants. After we enjoyed the festivities at the Front Page News we got to walk around the area some and our new friends introduced us to this neat little brewpub called Wrecking Bar. At first glance it looked like we were about to head into a funeral parlor but once inside we melted into the cozy atmosphere. The beer was delish and the food was amazing. I had the gooiest grilled cheese and beer & cheese soup. I think I could go back just for a few more bowls of that soup!!

All in all, it was a fun weekend and I think we’ll head back to the festival again next year! St. Patty’s day is upon us this weekend (my, how time flies) and we have some fun plans in store. My cousin and her husband will be coming down to celebrate with us and we will meet-up with our Mardi Gras friends for some more shenanigans.

Do you have anything fun planned for this green holiday?

Until next time!

The Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...