Thursday, January 3, 2013

{365 project}

Hello Again! (See I’m being good on my word!)

Today I’d like to share a fun new challenge (aha!—resolution!) I’m going to try to tackle this New Year. I got the idea from “A Beautiful Mess” and figured “hey why not?”

A 365 project can simply be anything you’d like to try to do every day for a whole year. For my first 365 project, I’ve decided to do…drum roll please…….”A-Photo-A-Day.” Easy enough; especially for my first project. I personally love photography and would like to take this hobby of mine a little more seriously. Santa even brought me a snazzy new DSLR for Christmas. I figure that not only will I be documenting more memories throughout the year, but I may even learn some new tricks and skills along the way. At the end of the year I hope to gather all my pictures and make my very own coffee table book. I’m actually very excited about this little challenge!

And now for my first photos of 2013…


 
 1.1.13: Light up the new year: Jesse and I did this little tradition last year so we decided to share it with some of our new friends this year! We set off four lanterns successfully into the night sky along with hopeful wishes for 2013(a few...or 6 caught fire before launch). It is such a sweet tradition; I hope we do it again next year.
 


1.2.13: Oh, flu bug: The hubs has spent the first few days of the new year in bed with an awful sickness. We thought it was a sinus infection, but it is actually the flu! Lucky for him he has a pretty awesome wife to take his temp and make him chicken soup :)



1.3.13: Soakin’ in the view: I feel so lucky that this is the view I get to see every (work) day. It makes being in an office 8 hours a day, much more manageable. The city looks so pretty at dusk. However...I really can’t wait until the daylight lingers again.
 
That’s what I have so far! It’s only the third day of the year after all!


Why not try your own 365 project? If you’re looking for some ideas, I think I can help:

A Memory A Day
A Video Clip A Day
A New Recipe A Day
A Sketch A Day
A 10-Minute Conversation A Day (not about work or drama, just shoot the breeze)
A New Food A Day
A Fruit/Veggie A Day (for those of you looking to eat healthier?)
A Laugh A Day (it’s good for the soul after all)
A New Song A Day
A Craft A Day
A Walk A Day (very good for those trapped in an office)
A Random Act of Kindness A Day
A Random Thought A Day (this could be scary for some)
(I may have to refer to this list next year…haha)


Or maybe you could try to not do something everyday…

365 No Social Media (haha…now that’s a hard one!)
365 No TV (all the good shows get cancelled anyway)
365 No Fast/Junk Food
365 No Procrastinating (just think of all the things you’re avoiding and do them already! It’ll feel good to cross them off that dreadful “To Do Later” list)
365 No (insert bad habit here)


C’mon and challenge yourself! I mean we did survive the End of the World after all. There’s no better time than the present to try something new (I think someone important said something like that at some point in history…haha).
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...