Tuesday, April 17, 2012

{a-town adventures: crate & barrel re-opening featuring richard blais!}

{it’s Richard Blais}


Hello friends!

Miss me? I know it has been a million and one years since I’ve updated this precious little blog, but never fear, I’m back! I have been working on some great new recipes and posts for all of you…as well as some other fun surprises!

A few weeks ago I received an email from Crate & Barrel about their store re-opening in Buckhead and while I usually just glance at these messages (they typically just announce sales and discounts), for some reason I decided to read this one all the way through. To my surprise it announced that one of my favorites of the Top Chefs---Richard Blais---was going to be at the first day of the grand re-opening, sampling inspirations from the menu of his new (not-yet open) restaurant, The Spence. I don’t know how many of you are Top Chef fans, but it’s one of my absolute favorite shows. I just love how creative the chefs are in each of the challenges. They inspire me to get crazy in the kitchen and challenge myself. I could not miss this! I grabbed my hubster and we headed on over to Crate & Barrel early Saturday morning. We browsed a bit and furnished our dream house---Crate & Barrel is certainly our style---until finally we could meet the man of the hour. Rather, until I could completely embarrass myself in front of Mr. Blais. I wasn’t going to share this story, but what the heck…it’s kind of funny.

Jesse and I were hanging out by the rugs when I turned to see Richard Blais walking towards the back of the store. I ignored the fact that he looked like he was searching for something and let my brain gush into a starstruck hyper drive. Mind you, I have never been starstruck in my life---not that I meet many celebrities on a daily basis. Why? Oh why now? My wonderful husband witnessed the whole episode by the way and makes sure to remind me regularly of how I embarrassed him (even though he had no idea who the man was). Anyway, all at once the following thoughts ran through my head in no particular order: That’s Richard Blais! Is he leaving? I haven’t met him yet. I want him to notice me. What do I do? And all that resulted was an exploded “HI!” ----OMG! Whaaaaaaattttt? HI??? Immediately after it came out of my mouth I completed regretted it, especially after he looked at me with the most puzzled face I’ve ever seen. And what did I do, I ran into the rugs and hid. Yep, I hid from Richard Blais.


{hiding from Richard Blais…notice the traumatized look on my face}


I wish this story ended here, but of course it doesn’t. In typical Katie fashion, I thought I could salvage my first impression with this famed chef. He actually was not leaving the store, just walking away for a minute. He returned to the spot where he was greeting fans and we actually could not avoid him as the good food was at his table. I grabbed a very reluctant Jesse and we walked over, waited our turn, and then introduced ourselves. I mentioned the embarrassing moment, which he remembered---how wonderful…ack---and I told him I ran and hid because “I was searching for Narnia” Whaaaaattt???? Why was I spewing all this word vomit?!!!! He of course, did not get it, so I quickly switched subjects and started talking super fast about how great his food was, got him to take a picture with us, then at the first moment that he turned away, I ran…again!!! How pleasant. Well at least it made for a great story. I just hope that the next time I meet someone this awesome, I remember to take some Pepto.

At the end of the day, we had tons of fun, ate extremely well, and found several inspirations for our future home.

{maybe the storm was a premonition}


{look at all the beautiful green}

{i want one of everything…haha if only}

{our compromise couch…sleek for me, plush for jesse}

{these pillows were so soft}

{caught you!}



{enjoying some falafel}


{duvet anyone?}


{jesse’s favorite bar set-up, so sleek and practical}


{i love farmhouse tables}



{more fabric choices than you could imagine}


{so many options, we may need a bigger house…haha}


{jesse’s favorite rug…but how do you clean it?}


Do any of you have an awesome celebrity encounter story? Please share! I’d be happy to post!

So long for now!

The Mrs.




1 comment:

  1. Katie, You need to redecorate my house. I love all the colors on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...