Tuesday, November 15, 2011

{ahhh………life}

Hello again. Remember me?

So, I’ve neglected the blog a little bit, I was on a roll and then (BAM!) I was hit with a mile long to do list. As you might know, Jesse and I have just moved to a new home and new city which is exciting, but comes with strings and by strings I mean unpacking. I never knew how much stuff we had until it all showed up at our new place. Yikes! Over the last few days I have been busy as a bee, unpacking, organizing, laundering dirty clothes, and making our new place feel like a home. Jesse has also been busy refinishing a cedar wardrobe that will hold all of our coats. While we love our new place, we don’t have much practical storage space, so we’ve had to be very creative. We have had some challenges, but overall, this place is really starting to come together. We should be good to go by the time our guests arrive this weekend for Pre-Turkey Day, Turkey Day!

To resolve some of our storage issues I visited the Container Store on Saturday. Have you ever been? They have a container for everything!!! (The Anal Annie inside of me just did a back flip). I had to keep focused and resist the temptation to buy a container for each and every item in our house.

{aisles of awesome @ the Container Store}

Amongst all the crazy, we have been able to take a few moments to enjoy our new surroundings and of course, life as a married pair. I joke with Jesse that this was the easiest first month of marriage as we have barely seen each other. We both have been traveling a lot for our jobs (although I am officially finished!) so we really have not spent any time together. This weekend was the first one we’ve had together since returning from our honeymoon. We celebrated by enjoying a lovely dinner, cooked by yours truly, at home. It was our first dinner in our new home and it was delicious! I made a shell pasta with brie and asparagus (from Trader Joes) and added pan seared pancetta for a little more flavor. I also baked some croissant rolls which complimented the meal really well. It was nice to sit down across from my hubster and just enjoy the moment.

{first dinner in our new home}

Sooo ahh…life indeed. It has been crazy, but I’m loving every minute of it.

Goodbye for now!

The Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...