Sunday, November 20, 2011

{pre-turkey day!}

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We definitely did at Casa de Ellis as we celebrated our first Pre-Turkey Day! It was so great to be surrounded by family and friends as it brought a lot of warmth to our new home. The weekend was packed with yummy food, a very competitive cornhole game (Jesse & Dad Henry vs. Derek & Dad Ellis), and some good times and marshmallow roasting around the fire pit. It was tons of fun and a good warm-up for Thanksgiving Day.


{a lovely spread}



On our menu we had:

Starters:

Baked Brie en Croute w/Raspberry Jam
Double Tomato Bruschetta (a delicious recipe I will share later :))

Sides:

Sausage Stuffing
Smoked Gouda & Bacon Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy
Spinach Holiday Salad
Baked Asparagus w/Smoked Gouda

Main Course:

Slow cooker Rosemary Turkey Breast
Honey Glazed Ham

Drinks:

My famous Raspberry Cham-Punch



{hard at work}


{fruits of my labor}


Although I spent most of the day cooking, I took pleasure in watching everyone enjoy my hard work. Plates were licked clean, seconds were had, and everyone chipped in to clean-up the kitchen while I sat back and roasted marshmallows; the best compliments to the chef!


{mark & derek digging in}


{anna & her mommy waiting patiently for dinner}


What a lovely weekend! I can’t wait for what the rest of this holiday has in store for us.


{Mom & Dad Henry taming our pups…hehe}


Much love to everyone! We hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...