Wednesday, February 8, 2012

{sweet surprises: cookie dough cupcake surprise}

{these little cuties are hiding something}


I love cupcakes as I’m sure many of you do as well. What’s even better than a cupcake is a cupcake with a special surprise inside. I’ve had cupcakes with jelly fillings, ganache fillings, cream fillings, but my favorite so far, is cookie dough filling! I made these last year for a party and they were a hit, so I’ve decided to make them again and share the how to with you.


{easy peasy}


The easy part is getting them ready for baking; the hard part is knowing when to take them out of the oven. I used store bought white cake (not from scratch today L), but you can use any type of cake batter.

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Step 2: Fill your cupcake cups half-way with cake batter (save enough to cover the cookie dough later).

Step 3: Plop in your cookie dough (you can make it yourself or use the store bought kind for time sake).

Step 4: Cover the cookie dough with your saved batter.

Step 5: Place your cupcake pans in the oven and let bake for about 20 – 25 minutes.

Step 6: When you test your cupcakes for doneness you have to check both the cake part and cookie dough. Your cookie dough should still be a little gooey, but your cake should be done--clean toothpick.

And that’s how you do it! I frosted my cupcakes with blackberry whipped cream icing and added a little blackberry for some pizzazz. They sure were yummy!

Until next time,

The Mrs.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...