Tuesday, December 13, 2011

{25 before 25: 2 & 20 check!}





Wooo!!! Welcome back to 25 before 25! So I’ve been a little busy, although not according to this list as I still have a lot left to accomplish. Life has just been crazy; which is an understatement as this is the holly jolly holiday season! However, amidst all of the chaos, I have had time to cross a couple things off my list.

Goodbye #2 & #20!

1.  Create an original recipe: I have been a busy little chef lately and this week I was inspired to tackle #2 on my list. Drum-roll please….Fusilli Pasta w/Chicken Sausage & Spinach in a Garlic Cream Sauce! (Recipe to follow in an upcoming post)

While it is not a very complicated recipe, it is still original. I came up with the measurements myself and looked to no recipe for guidance—-total and complete blind cooking. I was so happy with my results I submitted my recipe, (with a few tweaks), to Allrecipes.com my favorite go to site for new recipes. It is still awaiting review so we’ll see if I make the cut. I’m sure I will improve upon it over the years, but for now, I’m very pleased!

2.  Pick a non-profit to support: This one was important to me as one of my strong core values in life is giving back. Of course we shouldn’t limit our support to just one cause, but realistically we don’t have the resources to support every cause under the sun. By choosing one to focus on, the opportunity to transition from supporting member to active member becomes very feasible; you can donate more time and money without feeling like you’re cheating on your other causes.

So which one did we choose? The Atlanta Humane Society! You may think we were coerced by those heartbreaking Sarah McLachlan commercials (and you would be partially correct), but actually Jesse and I love animals and couldn’t think of another cause we could be more passionate about. We have two rescues (our wonderful yet crazy lab mixes Sasha & Oliver) that Jesse talks baby talk to and pretends are lap dogs despite their size. It’s sad to think that they were abused as little babies yet we have made a commitment to give them the best lives possible with love, patience (tons of it—especially during their chewing phase), and lots of peanut butter filled Kongs!

So we’re going to start our support by signing up for the volunteer class the shelter requires you to take and hopefully soon we’ll get to work with some animals that need tons of lovin.


Until next time!

The Mrs.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...