Saturday, December 3, 2011

{getting into the christmas spirit}

{♪♫deck the halls…♫♪}

Oh helloooo…

After a long, exhaustive day of running around working on my name change (which by the way…I’m almost completely done with!!!), it was nice to settle down at home with my Sugar Cookie Tea, little puppies, and the She & Him Christmas album (the first Christmas album I have ever purchased). I may be a little biased because I love Zooey Deschanel and everything she does (especially the “New Girl”) but this is the loveliest Christmas album I have heard in a long time. I’m not usually a fan of celebrity Christmas covers, but Zooey & Matt’s take on these classics are so sweet; the perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit.

The house is quiet because my hubby is away at drill, although not super lonely as I had a wonderful visit with some special family friends, my “second dad” Alan and “little sister” Kelly. They happened to be in the area for Kelly’s soccer showcase and were very close by to our home. It was just great to share our new home with them and chat for awhile about marriage, relationships, life changes, etc. As I was listening to Kelly reflect on some recent life experiences and worries, I couldn’t help but think of how grown-up she is. It’s weird for me because I’ve known Kelly since she was a bitty, bitty baby; I babysat her and put her down for naps. Now she is a sophomore in high school and her sister, whom I also love dearly and have known since childhood is in her first year of college! It is very cliché but time really is fleeting…I remember wanting to grow-up so badly when I was Kelly’s age and then BAM…here it is. I think if anything, I’ve learned that now I should just sit back, enjoy, and not rush. Things will happen in their due time. It was also very nice to hear some of Alan’s stories from his first year of marriage as I can now relate with some of my own new experiences. That was another a-ha moment as Alan has been a prominent adult figure in my life since before I was even allowed to be interested in boys; now I’m talking to him about life as a married woman!

The perfect start to the weekend!

Love, Love, Love

P.S. It looks like some elves snuck in decorated a little…hehe…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...