Thursday, December 15, 2011

{recipe: sautéed mushrooms}


{looks good eh?}


Recently (within the past few months) I’ve started eating mushrooms. Prior to this newfound food revelation I detested them. Why? To this day I don’t know---I had never even tried them. Anyway, I decided to throw caution to the wind one day and face my fungal fear. It’s actually a funny story—-my friend Alie made some one day and told me I had to try some (she didn’t know I wasn’t a fan) and because I’m nice and hate hurting anyone’s feelings, I went for it. To my surprise, they were very yummy and from that day forward I joined the fan club.

I decided to look at a few recipes to make them at home myself and after combining a few, I came up with the version below. I hope you enjoy!

Sautéed Mushrooms:
Servings: 2 or 3 (depends on how much you want to share…hehe)


Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp of butter
  • 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
  • 1/3 cup red wine
  • 1/3 cup of beef broth
  • 1 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 tsp italian herbs
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 cranks of peppercorns
  • ½ cup of chopped up steak bits

How To:

Step 1: Sauté mushrooms and butter in pan until a light golden brown.

Step 2: Heat wine, beef broth, and steak bits in a separate pan to medium heat (it should smell a little bit like fresh bread…weird but yum!).

Step 2: Add garlic salt, herbs, minced garlic, pepper, and mushrooms to wine/broth mixture.

Step 3: Cook until mushrooms absorb broth mix and look tender.

Step 4: Serve with your favorite protein and pour some of the sauce over for some added flavor.

Simple and delicious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...