Tuesday, June 12, 2012

{26 before 26: #1, #20, & #26 check!}

{yay! progress!}


Whaattt? Did I just cross off three more goals from my list? Yes. Yes I think I just did. Woo!


#1: Run a 5k.

I (with the awesome support of my hubs) completed my first 5k, The 2012 Warrior Dash in Huntersville, NC. It was a tough and dirty race, but I had fun the whole way through. Read more about our experience here.

{before}

{after}


#20: Pick-up a new active hobby.

This has been a tough one to tackle as I wanted a unique hobby that is fun to maintain. After my hubs laughed at my ideas for Speed Cupcake Baking & Drunk Running---long story---and told me that they are not really hobbies (or ones that I should consider healthy), I had to look at other options. I then realized that over the past couple of months I have actually picked up a healthy active hobby and didn’t even know it. It all started when my friend Isaiah asked me if I wanted to join him in some friendly exercise competition. Enter Nexercise. It’s an iPhone App in which you compete with friends for exercise points. They have an array of activities you can do for points and tons of ways to earn medals and bonus points. This app truly speaks to the competitor inside of me and since starting it has been hard to stop. I love earning new medals and bonuses for different activities, but mostly beating Isaiah. It fits right along with my healthy living plan and encourages me to stay active and look for new ways to get in my exercise points. Woo Nexercise! I’ll have to dedicate a future post just for this app.


#26: Go to a baseball game.

For Memorial Day some friends and family came down for a weekend full of fun adventures. One of those adventures included a trip to Turner Field for Jesse’s and my first Braves game. It was so much fun (even though the Braves lost); we even won a free homerun burrito! Keep your eyes peeled for a future Memorial Day weekend recap post.







Well that’s all folks! How’s your list coming along??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...