Tuesday, June 19, 2012

{fancy appetizers: strawberry pancake delights}


As I mentioned in my hello breakfast sandwich post, breakfast and brunch are my favorite meals to put together. I guess it’s the challenge of making traditionally simple meals fun and creative. This brings me to today’s appetizer; strawberry pancake delights.

 I enjoy pancakes but can usually only eat one and a half as they fill me up very quickly. I love to top them with some yummy maple syrup, fruits (usually strawberries), and finish them off with a squirt (a really long squirt) of whipped cream. Yea...I guess you can see why I can only eat so much. I ran across these on Pinterest a little while back and decided to make them for my Memorial Day brunch guests---(along with some other decadent foods and of course mimosas!). They were incredibly easy to put together and the perfect bite to satisfy that pancake craving. Plus, you still have enough room for other breakfast goodies.



 To make them all you need to do is:

1)Cut strawberries into thin slices.

2)Mix up some pancake batter.

3)Make your pancakes using about a tablespoon of batter for each pancake. I also find that a griddle makes this process super easy.

4)Take a toothpick and skewer your pancakes and strawberries (strawberry slice, pancake, strawberry slice, pancake).

5)Arrange nicely on your plate. Although next time I’m going to stick them in little martini glasses with maple syrup in the bottom and a dollop of whipped cream on top (I’ll make sure to post an update).

Easy peasy and super delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...