Wednesday, June 13, 2012

{recipe: hello breakfast sandwich}


Ehllo Friends!
{british for hello riiight?}

Growing up I always missed breakfast because I could never get up early enough to enjoy it (plus I’ve never really been a morning person). I also felt like breakfast had no variety and was limited to cereal and toast. Boy was I missing out. Once I started expanding my horizons (and actually catching a glimpse of the morning sun) I learned that there is so much more to this most important meal. In fact, my favorite thing to do now, is wake up super early and make a fancy breakfast/brunch (depending on the night we had...haha) whenever we have overnight guests. I feel it’s a nice way of saying, “we like you so much we want your belly to feel it.” So---if you don’t get breakfast at the Ellis house---well errr, this is awkward.........

I’ve been experimenting with breakfast sandwiches (my fav!) and recently came up with the one I’m sharing today. It includes my favorite cheese of all time and is pretty healthy all around. Who said healthy was limited to green monster smoothies? I love the concept of a breakfast sandwich because it fills you up and is a great meal option for those on the run (especially if you can do some fancy napkin origami to keep the fillings in).



 hello breakfast sandwich:
Servings: 1
Source: Jkrabbits INC Kitchen

 Ingredients:

 2 slices of delicious wheat bread
2 eggs (1 whole egg, 1 egg white)
1 strip of bacon cut into small pieces
1 slice of smoked gouda cheese
fresh baby spinach leaves
salt and pepper to taste
a little butter (for spreading)



How To:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 200 degrees. 

Step 2: Whisk the eggs together and add a little salt and pepper. 

Step 3: Place the bread slices on a baking sheet with one slice of smoked gouda on top and toast in the oven for about 7-10 minutes. 

Step 4: Cook the bacon pieces in a small pan to your desired crispiness, and then drain out the grease. Add the eggs. 

Step 5: Allow the eggs to cook with the bacon in an even layer in your pan and flip when it starts to bubble a bit and the layer stays intact when shifted around. 

Step 6: Remove bread from oven and butter the slice without cheese. 

Step 7: Slowly remove your bacon scrambled eggs from the pan and fold on top of the bread slice with the gouda cheese. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. 

Step 8: Add fresh spinach leaves then cover with the buttered bread slice.
 
Step 9: Pour some OJ on the side or hot tea and devour!


I hope you all enjoy this sandwich just as much as I have. I’ll have to post up some other sandwich creations soon.
 
What does your favorite breakfast sandwich include?

J

The Mrs.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...