Wednesday, June 20, 2012

{drink and be merry: lime spritzer}


Hello Wednesday!

It’s the middle of the week which means that the weekend is just around the corner! Woo! This weekend is going to be crazy! I’m doing something big---shh it’s a secret though. Here’s a hint---it has to do with my list J Last weekend we played in a cornhole tourney and lost...BLL. Oh well, we had a blast anyway. We made new friends, ate lots of yummy food, and Jesse and I took our first trip on the MARTA! Look out for a future post on all the funsies we had last weekend.

Today starts a new feature, {drink and be merry}, where occassionally I’ll be posting some of my favorite beverage recipes. It’s summer which means you must stay hydrated especially if you spend a ton of time under the sun. Today’s beverage---the lime sprizter, is a perfect way to do just that. It’s non-alcoholic, but can easily turn alcoholic with a shot of your preference. We’ll save that for the weekend---or at least 5:00 (hehe). I love this drink because it is low cal and incredibly refreshing. It also fits in perfectly with my healthy eating plan. Since cutting out soda, I find myself craving some fizz to go with my meals every now and then. Sometimes I cheat and steal some sips of Jesse’s soda when he’s not looking. I remembered awhile ago that my dad never drank soda when we went out to eat but would instead order a club soda with a twist of lime. It seemed to satisfy that fizz craving for him, so I gave it a try and really liked it. I’ve never liked flavored waters because they always add sugar (and I hate sweet water---not the beer..ha). I don’t even add anything to my green tea. This lime sprizter was just what the doctor ordered. Plus, I can have several without worrying about the effects on my waistline.



lime spritzer:

Ingredients:
club soda
1 lime

How To:
 
Step 1: Fill a glass with club soda.

Step 2: Slice the lime in half.

Step 3: Squeeze both halves of lime into the club soda.

Step 4: Stir, add a few ice cubes, and enjoy!

Whatttt? That’s all? No more steps? Yep. It is just that easy. So kick back, pour yourself a spritzer this evening, and watch the sun go down. It’s gorgeous outside!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...